With a Simon Mannering-like work ethic and the unflappable management skills of someone like Blake Green, Thomas Searle is the right man for running our Auckland operation. While the Branch and Warehouse Manager is busy making sales and filling orders faster than RTS on the line break we managed to run our quick-fire Q&A passed the die-hard Warriors fan.
1) Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in England until age 10 before moving to New Zealand for four years. For the next two years we lived in Niue before I moved back here.
2) What attracted you to the work at Urban Group? After working in Warehouse/Distribution environments for over 14 years I have grown my skills and moved into more senior management positions. So I was on the lookout for a new opportunity with a rapidly growing company. Urban Group opening the Auckland branch provided this chance to grow my experience and achieve bigger and better results.
3) What are your day-to-day responsibilities? Anything and everything! As I’m sole charge here I’m working on quotations and sales, order picking and packing, inventory management, managing process improvements and lots more…
4) What do you most enjoy about your work? I’m ambitious and am personally invested in progressing and growing our operation here. So I enjoy the responsibility of operating this branch, fulfilling customers’ needs and requirements in the most efficient manner possible, and finding ways to improve what we do. It’s a fun, dynamic team – so there’s always something on the go.
5) What do you do to relax or unwind? I enjoy a beer and, naturally, following the Warriors. But when there’s time in the weekends I most enjoy making trips with my children and just relaxing with the family.