We’re excited to welcome Deborah Cargill to the team. She’s recently come on board in our Accounts Payable role. Here’s a quick-fire Q&A to help with the introduction…
1) Where did you grow up? I lived in Te Horo/Otaki for 30 years before moving to Ohau. So I think I know the region reasonably well!
2) What attracted you to the work at Urban Group? A friend advised me of an opening arising and the scope of the work required was what I really enjoy. At the same time I was also informed of the friendly, professional and forward focused environment at Urban Group. So I was super-happy to have an opportunity here.
3) What are your day-to-day responsibilities? It’s mostly entering and paying all invoices, ensuring the correct coding and the weekly pay run. As I’m learning the ropes I’m beginning to take on additional processes also.
4) Does any of your work in the past help here? Yes a great deal. While I’ve learnt different systems and a variety of different roles the fundamentals are still the same.
5) Any interests outside of work? I’m out mountain biking with my family, which we do most weekends.